- If you have paid on our website, thank you, there is nothing further required to ensure your booking is held.
- If you chose “etransfer” you have 24 hours from the time of booking to complete your transaction by sending an etransfer to email@example.com to ensure your booking is held. Please note no password is required to complete the transaction.
- If you chose “other” please contact the Torrington & District Agricultural Society to make alternate arrangements at firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours.
- Failure to make a payment or contact the Torrington & District Agricultural Society (TAS) within 24 hours will result in cancellation of all bookings
- A $50 fee will apply to all NSF and late payments
- Cancellations with more than 60 days notice of the rental date will receive a refund of payment
- Cancellations with less than 60 days notice of the rental date will not have any claim for a refund and the user will be responsible for the space booked.
- Cancellations due to mechanical failure or unforeseen circumstances, such as facility shut down, will be reimbursed to the renter, or rescheduled depending on availability
Facilities Included with Arena Ice & Summer Sport Bookings
- Arena Ice as allocated
- One dressing room (two if requested)
- Referee room (referee not included)
- Assigned rooms will be available 30 minutes prior to and must be vacated 30 minutes after scheduled ice times. Please be respectful to the groups before and after your rental
Facilities Included with Full Day Ice Surface Summer Rental
- Ice surface
- Downstairs lobby
Facilities Included when renting the Curling Ice
- Curling Ice as allocated
- Curling lobby
- Curling lounge (upstairs viewing area)
Facilities Included with Banquet Hall and Upstairs Kitchen Rental
- Upstairs banquet hall
- Upstairs commercial kitchen
- Upstairs bar (including ice machine)
- While renting at the Ron Gorr Memorial Arena the renter is NOT covered under Torrington & District Agricultural Society (TAS) Insurance. All parties must carry Special Events Liability Insurance or Party Alcohol Liability (PAL) Insurance in the amount of $2 million to cover activities during the event as well as indemnifying the TAS. The type of policy required will be determined by the insurance broker based on the details of the event.
- A copy of the insurance policy is required to be submitted to the TAS 1 week prior to the event
Alcoholic Beverages and AGLC
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted on the premises without the appropriate AGLC license. It is the responsibility of the renter to secure the appropriate license and ensure attendees abide by it. A copy must also be on display during the event (along with original purchase receipts) should there be an inspection.
- A copy of the liquor license is required to be submitted to the TAS 1 week prior to the event
- AGLC inspectors must be allowed to enter the premises at any time
- Renters are responsible for ensuring compliance to AGLC regulations
- Alcohol cannot be consumed outside of the rental space
Curling Lounge Area
- The renter is responsible for leaving the room in its original state. In the event that damage has occurred or extra janitorial services are required (for example to remove decorations, dispose of excess garbage or complete extra cleaning) the renter will be billed for those services at a rate of $50/hour.
- Tables, chairs, and equipment are not to be dragged across the floor; a dolly is available to transport chairs. If damage occurs because of this, cleaning and repair costs will be charged.
- The renter is responsible for all cleanup of the rental space including:
- Restore the space to the condition in which it was rented
- Ensure garbage is collected inside and outside of the facility and placed in the dumpster located in the east parking lot. This includes cigarette butts and dog feces from outside
- Thoroughly wash all tables used and return them to the appropriate space
- Stack any chairs that have been used and return them to the appropriate space
- Sweep, vacuum or mop floors as needed
- Extra charges will be applied if the renter is not in compliance; a full cleaning checklist will be provided upon receiving the facility keys.
Building and Safety Protocols
- The Ron Gorr Memorial Arena is a multi-use facility, please be respectful to other groups and the public who also use our space
- The Torrington & District Agricultural Society (TAS) prohibits the use of tobacco, cannabis and electronic cigarettes (vaping) in the arena and on the surrounding property.
- Prior to the event the renter should familiarize themselves with the location of all the exits and first aid kits and proper operation of the elevator
- Doorways and hallways cannot be blocked for any reason
- Occupancy must not exceed posted allowable limits
- No abusive language or behavior towards staff, volunteers or other patrons will be tolerated in the building
- Renters must supervise and control the activities of all players, coaches, attendees, volunteers, or invitees of the renter
- The renter must notify the TAS of any hazardous conditions or injuries requiring medical attention
- The renter must leave all spaces in the same condition as upon arrival and are responsible for any damage
- Animals are not permitted inside of the building except for service animals
Hold Harmless Agreement
The renter agrees to hold the Torrington & District Agricultural Society harmless from any and all claims, loss or damage to personal property, injuries, death, liabilities and costs, including attorney’s fees, as a result of the rental of the Ron Gorr Memorial Arena (and/or banquet space) or any events incidental to this activity.
By booking a rental time, the renter allows the TAS to use their information to execute the conditions of this agreement. The TAS will not disclose personal information to third parties.